The Ministry of Foreign Affairs vision is for Vanuatu to be recognized and respected by the global community.
The following Mission Statements have been adopted by the Ministry:
- To advance the interests of the people of Vanuatu;
- To safeguard the sovereignty of Vanuatu;
- To foster and promote positive engagement with the international community.
The Ministry has established the following values:
- We take pride in our Christian values;
- We treasure our Melanesian Heritage and respect the cultural diversity of our country;
- We uphold the principles of Transparency, Integrity, Accountability and the Rule of Law;
- We strive for quality Leadership and Customer Service AND
- We promote Equity and Fairness.